Saturday, April 28, 2018

29 April 2018 - Saint Peter of Verona, Martyr (Comm: Easter IV)


Double – Red 

INTROIT Ps. 63, 3.

Thou hast protected me, O God, from the assembly of the malignant, alleluia: from the multitude of the workers of iniquity, alleluia. alleluia. Ps. 63.2. Hear, O God, my prayers, when I make supplication to thee: deliver my soul from the fear of the enemy. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O Almighty God, may we pay honor to the faith of thy blessed martyr Peter with fitting devotion, for this saint was found worthy of the triumph of martyrdom in spreading the faith. Through.

Commemorate: Fourth Sunday after Easter

COLLECT

O God, who makest the faithful to be of one mind and will: grant to thy people to love that which thou dost command and to desire that which thou dost promise, that amid the changes of the world, our hearts may there be fixed where true joys are to be found. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Low Sunday

EPISTLE II Tim.2.8-10;3.10-12

Dearly beloved: Be mindful that the Lord Jesus Christ is risen again from the dead, of the seed of David, according to my gospel: Wherein I labour even unto bands, as an evildoer. But the word of God is not bound. Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus, with heavenly glory. But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, patience, Persecutions, afflictions: such as came upon me at Antioch, at Iconium and at Lystra: what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord delivered me. And all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Ps. 88.6. The heavens shall confess thy wonders, O Lord; and thy truth in the Church of the saints. Alleluia. V. Ps. 20.4. O Lord, thou shalt set on his head a crown of precious stones. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to John 15.1-7

At that time, The Lord said to his disciples: I am the true Vine; and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me, that beareth not fruit, he will take away: and every one that beareth fruit, he will purge it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now you are clean by reason of the word, which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the Vine: you the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. If any one abide not in me, he shall be cast forth as a branch, and shall wither, and they shall gather him up, and case him into the fire, and be burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will, and it shall be done unto you.

The Creed is said for the Sunday.

OFFERTORY Ps. 88.6.

The Heavens shall confess thy wonders, O Lord, and thy truth in the church of the saints, alleluia, alleluia.

SECRET

O Lord, look with kindness on the prayers we offer thee through the intercession of thy blessed martyr Peter. Keep the defenders of the faith under thy continual protection. Through.

Commemorate: Fourth Sunday after Easter

SECRET

O God, who by the holy intercourse of this Sacrifice dost make us partakers of the One Supreme Godhead: grant, we beseech thee, that as we know thy truth, so we may follow it by worthy lives. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Low Sunday

COMMUNION Ps. 63.11.

The just shall rejoice in the Lord, and shall hope in him: and all the upright in heart shall be praised, alleluia, alleluia.

POSTCOMMUNION

May the Sacrament that we have received safeguard the faithful, O Lord. Protect them against the attacks of their enemies through the intercession of thy blessed martyr Peter. Through.

Commemorate: Fourth Sunday after Easter

POSTCOMMUNION

Be present with us, O Lord our God, that by means of these things which we have received in faith, we may be cleansed from our sins and also delivered from all dangers. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Low Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment