Monday, April 23, 2018

24 April 2018 - Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen, Martyr


Semi-double - Red

INTROIT Ps. 63.3.

THOU has protected me, O God, from the assembly of the malignant, alleluia: from the multitude of the workers of iniquity, alleluia, alleluia. Ps. 63.2. Hear, O God, my prayer, when I make supplication to thee: deliver my soul from the fear of the enemy. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, who didst vouchsafe to adorn with the grace of working miracles and the palm of martyrdom in the propagation of the true faith the blessed Fidelis, inflamed with seraphic ardour of soul, we beseech thee, by his merits and intercession, so to strengthen us through thy grace in faith and charity that we may be worthy to be found faithful in thy service even unto death. Through.

LESSON Wis. 5.1-5.

Then shall the just stand with great constancy against those that have afflicted them, and taken away their labours. These seeing it, shall be troubled with terrible fear, and shall be amazed at the suddenness of their unexpected salvation, Saying within themselves, repenting, and groaning for anguish of spirit: These are they, whom we had sometime in derision, and for a parable of reproach. We fools esteemed their life madness, and their end without honour. Behold, how they are numbered among the children of God, and their lot is among the saints.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Ps. 88.6. The heavens shall confess thy wonders, O Lord: and thy truth in the Church of the Saints. Alleluia. Ps. 20.4. Thou hast set on his head, O Lord, a crown of precious stones. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to John 15.1-7

At that time: Jesus did say unto his disciples: I am the true vine: and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he will take away: and every one that beareth fruit, he will purge it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now you are clean, by reason of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me: and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine: you the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. If any one abide not in me, he shall be cast forth as a branch and shall wither: and they shall gather him up and cast him into the fire: and he burneth. If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will: and it shall be done unto you.

OFFERTORY Ps. 88.6.

The heavens shall confess thy wonders, O Lord, and thy truth in the Church of the Saints, alleluia, alleluia.

SECRET

We beseech thee, O Lord, graciously to accept these our prayers and oblations: that we, being cleansed by these heavenly mysteries, may obtain of thy great mercy the fulfillment of all our desires. Through.

COMMUNION Ps. 63.11.

The just shall rejoice in the Lord, and shall hope in him: and all the upright in heart shall be praised, alleluia, alleluia.

POSTCOMMUNION

Grant, we beseech thee, O Lord our God: that like as we in this life do gladly honor the memory of thy Saints, so we may in heaven rejoice in their eternal fellowship. Through.

No comments:

Post a Comment