Sunday, April 22, 2018

23 April 2018 - Saint George, Martyr


Semi-double – Red 

INTROIT Ps. 63.3.

Thou hast protected me, O God, from the assembly of the malignant, alleluia: from the multitude of the workers of iniquity, alleluia, alleluia. Ps. 63.2. Hear, O God, my prayers, when I make supplication to thee: deliver my soul from the fear of the enemy V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, who dost gladden us by the merits and intercession of blessed George, thy Martyr, mercifully grant that we, who ask thy favours through him, may obtain them by the gift of thy grace. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Low Sunday

EPISTLE II Tim. 2.8-10;3.10-12

Dearly Beloved: Be mindful that the Lord Jesus Christ is risen again from the dead, of the seed of David, according to my gospel: Wherein I labour even unto bands, as an evildoer. But the word of God is not bound. Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus, with heavenly glory. But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, long-suffering, love, patience, persecutions, afflictions: such as came upon me at Antioch, at Iconium and at Lystra: what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord delivered me. And all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Ps. 88.6. O Lord, the very heavens shall praise thy wondrous works: and thy truth in the congregation of the Saints. Alleluia. V. Ps. 20. Thou hast set a crown of pure gold upon his head, O Lord. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to John 15.1-7

At that time: Jesus said unto his disciples: I am the true vine: and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he will take away: and every one that beareth fruit, he will purge it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now you are clean, by reason of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me: and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine: you the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. If any one abide not in me, he shall be cast forth as a branch and shall wither: and they shall gather him up and cast him into the fire: and he burneth. If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will: and it shall be done unto you.

OFFERTORY Ps. 88.6.

O Lord, the very heavens shall praise thy wondrous works: and thy truth in the congregation of the Saints, alleluia, alleluia.

SECRET

Sanctify the gifts we offer thee, O Lord, and through the intercession of blessed George, thy martyr, cleanse us by them from the stains of our sins. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Low Sunday

COMMUNION Ps. 63.11.

The righteous shall rejoice in the Lord, and put his trust in him: and all they that are true of heart shall be glad, alleluia, alleluia.

POSTCOMMUNION

We beseech thee, O almighty God, that those whom thou dost refresh with thy sacrament, thou also grant them, by the intercession of blessed George, thy martyr, to serve thee, as befits them, with behaviour pleasing unto thee. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Low Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment