Sunday, May 10, 2015

11 May 2015 - Rogation Monday and the Lesser Litanies


Greater Non-Privileged Feria – Purple 

The Procession of the
Greater and Lesser Litanies 

¶ The procession is done according to the form and rubrics given in the Rituale Anglicanum and the Liber Processionalis.

INTROIT Ps. 17. 7

He heard my voice from his holy temple, alleluia: and my cry before him came into his ears, alleluia, alleluia. Ps. 17.2,3. I will love thee, O Lord, my strength: the Lord is my firmament, my refuge and my deliverer. V.: Glory be.

¶ The Gloria in Excelsis is not said.

COLLECT

Grant, we beseech thee, O almighty God, that we, who in our affliction put our trust in thy mercy, may ever be defended by thy protection against all adversities. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of Saint Mary and
Against the Persecutors of the Church

EPISTLE James 5. 16-20

Dearly beloved, Confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be saved: for the continual prayer of a just man availeth much. Elias was a man passible like unto us: and with prayer he prayed that it might not rain upon the earth, and it rained not for three years and six months. And he prayed again: and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. My brethren, if any of you err from the truth and one convert him, he must know that he who causeth a sinner to be converted from the error of his way shall save his soul from death, and shall cover a multitude of sins.

Alleluia. V.: Ps. 117. 1. Give praise to the Lord, for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Luke (11.5-13)

At that time Jesus said to his disciples: Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go to him at midnight, and shall say to him: Friend, lend me three loaves, because a friend of mine is come off his journey to me, and I have not what to set before him; and he from within should say: Trouble me not, the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed: I cannot rise and give thee. Yet if he shall continue knocking, I say to you, although he will not rise and give him because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise, and give him as many as he needeth. And I say to you: Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that kicketh it shall be opened. And which of you, if he ask his father bread, will he give him a stone? or a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? or if he shall ask an egg, will he reach him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, known how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father from heaven give the good Spirit to them that ask him? 

¶ The Creed is not said.

OFFERTORY Ps. 108.30-31.

I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth, and in the midst of many I will praise him, because he standeth at the right hand of the poor: to save my soul from them that persecute me, alleluia.

SECRET

May these oblations, O Lord, we beseech thee, both loosen the bonds of our wickedness, and obtain for us the gifts of thy mercy. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of Saint Mary and
Against the Persecutors of the Church

COMMUNION Luke 11. 9, 10

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened, alleluia.

POSTCOMMUNION

Grant unto us, O Lord, that filled with strength from this heavenly table, we may both desire what is right, and obtain that which we desire. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of Saint Mary and
Against the Persecutors of the Church

No comments:

Post a Comment