Wednesday, February 18, 2015

19 February 2015 - Feria V after Ash Wednesday


Greater Non-Privileged Feria – Purple

INTROIT Ps. 54.17, 19, 20, 23

WHEN I called upon the Lord, he heard my voice and delivered me from those who war against me. He who is from eternity and remaineth forever, hath humbled them. Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he will support thee. Ps. 54.2-3. Hearken, O God, unto my prayer and turn not away from my pleading; give heed to me, and answer me. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O GOD, sin offendeth thee but penance can turn away thine anger. Hear the prayers of thy suppliant people and do not punish us in anger, even though our sins justly deserve it. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Ash Wednesday

LESSON Isa. 38.1-6

IN those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, and said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying, Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years. And I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this city.

GRADUAL Ps. 54.23, 17-19

Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he will support thee. V. When I called upon the Lord, he heard my voice and delivered me from those who war against me.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Matthew (8.5-13)

AND when he was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, and saying, Lord, my servant lieth in the house sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And he saith unto him, I will come and heal him. And the centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but only say the word, and my servant shall be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having under myself soldiers: and I say to this one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. And when Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven: but the sons of the kingdom shall be cast forth into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and gnashing of teeth. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And the servant was healed in that hour.

OFFERTORY Ps. 24.1-3

I have lifted up my soul unto thee, O Lord; in thee, O my God, I place my trust. Let me not be put to shame, nor let mine enemies exalt over me. No one who waiteth for thee shall be left in confusion.

SECRET

LOOK with favor on these offerings, O Lord, that they may be an aid to our devotion and to our salvation. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Ash Wednesday

COMMUNION Ps. 50.21

Thou shalt be pleased with lawful sacrifices, with oblations and holocausts offered upon thine altar, O Lord.

POSTCOMMUNION

O ALMIGHTY God, we humbly implore the heavenly blessings of thy Sacrament which we have received. May it be for us a means of grace and salvation. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Ash Wednesday

PRAYER OVER THE PEOPLE

SPARE, O spare thy people, Lord. Let thy mercy shield them who have been punished by thy just judgments. Through.

No comments:

Post a Comment