Friday, October 2, 2015

3 October 2015 - Saint Teresa of the Child Jesus, Virgin


Double – White

INTROIT Cant. 4.8-9.

Come from Libanus, my spouse, come from Libanus, come; thou hast wounded my heart, my sister, my spouse, thou hast wounded my heart. Ps. 112.1. Praise the Lord, ye children: praise ye the name of the Lord. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O Lord, who hast said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven: grant unto us, we beseech thee, so to follow in humility and simplicity of heart the footsteps of Saint Teresa the Virgin, that we may obtain everlasting rewards: Who livest and reignest.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

EPISTLE Is. 66.12-14

Thus saith the Lord: Behold I will bring upon her as it were a river of peace, and as an overflowing torrent the glory of the Gentiles, which you shall suck; you shall be carried at the breasts, and upon the knees they shall caress you. As one whom the mother caresseth, so will I comfort you, and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem. You shall see and your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb, and the hand of the Lord shall be known to his servants.

GRADUAL Matt. 11.25

I thank thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent and hast revealed them unto babes. V. Ps. 70.5. O Lord God, thou art the thing that I long for: thou art my hope, even from my youth.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Ecclus. 39.17-19. Bud forth as the rose planted by the brooks of waters: Give ye a sweet odor of frankincense. Send forth flowers as the lily, and yield a smell, and bring forth leaves in grace, and praise with canticles and bless the Lord in his works. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Matthew (18.1-4)

At that time, the disciples came to Jesus, saying: Who thinkest thou is the greater in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus calling unto him a little child, set him in the midst of them, And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is the greater in the kingdom of heaven.

OFFERTORY Luke 1.46-49.

My soul doth magnify the Lord: and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior: because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaiden. He that is mighty hath done great things to me.

SECRET

May the holy prayers of Saint Teresa thy Virgin, we beseech thee, commend our sacrifice to thee, O Lord: in her honor we solemnly offer it: in view then of her merits do thou accept it. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

COMMUNION Deut. 32.10-12.

He led her about and taught, and he kept her as the apple of his eye. As an eagle he hath spread his wings and hath taken her on his shoulder. The Lord alone was her leader.

POSTCOMMUNION

May the heavenly mystery, O Lord, inflame us with the fire of that love by which Saint Teresa, thy Virgin, offered herself to thee as a victim of her charity for mankind. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

No comments:

Post a Comment