Friday, October 16, 2015

17 October 2015 - Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque, Virgin


Double – White

INTROIT Cant 2.3.

I sat down under his shadow whom I desire: and his fruit was sweet to my palate. Ps.83.2-3. How lovely are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts, my soul longeth and fainteth for the courts of the Lord. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O Lord Jesus Christ, who to the blessed virgin Margaret Mary didst in a wondrous manner reveal the unsearchable riches of thy Heart: by her merits grant, that loving thee after her example in all things, we may obtain an abode in thy Heart for evermore: Who livest and reignest.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

EPISTLE Eph. 3.8-9, 14-19

Brethren: To me, the least of all the saints, is given this grace, to preach among the Gentiles, the unsearchable riches of Christ, And to enlighten all men, that they may see what is the dispensation of the mystery which hath been hidden from eternity in God, who created all things. For this cause I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom all paternity in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened by his Spirit with might unto the inward man, That Christ may dwell by faith in your hearts; that being rooted and founded in charity, You may be able to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth, and length, and height, and depth: To know also the charity of Christ, which surpasseth all knowledge, that you may be filled unto all the fulness of God.

GRADUAL Cant. 8.7; Ps. 72.26

Many waters cannot quench charity, neither can the floods drown it. My flesh and my heart have fainted away: Thou art the God of my heart, and the God that is my portion for ever.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Cant. 7.10.
I to my beloved and his turning is towards me. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Matthew (11.25-30)

At that time, Jesus answered, and said: I confess to thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to the little ones. Yea, Father; for so hath it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered to me by my Father. And no one knoweth the Son, but the Father: neither doth any one know the Father, but the Son, and he to whom it shall please the Son to reveal him. Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you. Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

OFFERTORY Zach. 9.17

For what is the good thing of him, and what is his beautiful thing, but the corn of the elect and the wind springing forth virgins?

SECRET

May the offerings of thy people be accepted by thee, O Lord: and grant that we may be inflamed by that divine fire coming from the Heart of thy Son, which burnt vehemently within blessed Margaret Mary. Through the same.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

COMMUNION Cant. 6.2

I to my beloved, and my beloved to me, who feedeth among the lilies.

POSTCOMMUNION

We have shared, O Lord Jesus, in the Sacred Mysteries of thy Body and Blood: do thou, in answer to the prayers of the blessed virgin Margaret Mary, make us renounce the proud vanities of the world and be made worthy to be clothed with the meekness and humility of thine own Heart: Who livest and reignest.

No comments:

Post a Comment