Thursday, August 21, 2014

22 August 2014 - The Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Octave Day of the Assumption and Commemoration of Saints Timotheus, Hippolytus, and Symphorian, Martyrs)


Double of the Second Class – White or Marian Blue

INTROIT Heb. 4.16.

Let us come with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and may find grace for a timely help. Ps. 44.2. My heart hath uttered a good word: I speak my works to the King. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

Almighty and everlasting God, who in the heart of the blessed Virgin Mary didst prepare a dwelling worthy of the Holy Ghost; grant in thy mercy, that we who with devout minds celebrate the festival of that Immaculate Heart, may be able to live according to thine own Heart. Through...in the unity of the same Holy Ghost.


Commemoration: Of Saints Timotheus, Hippolytus, and Symphorian

O Lord, we beseech thee, mercifully lend us thy help: and through the intercession of thy blessed Martyrs, Timothy, Hippolytus, and Symphorian, stretch forth upon us the right hand of thy loving kindness. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Holy Spirit
Against the Persecutors of the Church

EPISTLE Ecclus. 24.23-31

As the vine I have brought forth a pleasant odor, and my flowers are the fruit of honor and riches. I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope. In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue. Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits; for my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honey-comb. My memory is unto everlasing generations. They that eat me, shall yet hunger: and they that drink me, shall yet thirst. He that heakeneth to me, shall not be confounded, and they that work by me, shall not sin. They that explain me, shall have life everlasting.

GRADUAL Ps. 12.6; 44.18

My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation: I will sing to the Lord, who giveth me good things: yea I will sing to the Name of the Lord the most High. They shall remember thy Name throughout all generations. Therefore shall people praise thee for ever.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Luke 1.46-47. My soul doth magnify the Lord and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my savior. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to John (19.25-27)

At that time, there stood by the Cross of Jesus, his Mother and his Mother's sister, Mary of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalen. When Jesus therefore had seen his Mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his Mother: Woman, behold thy son. After that he saith to the disciple: Behold thy Mother. And from that hour the disciple took her to his own.

The Creed is said.

OFFERTORY Luke 1.46

My spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior: because he that is mighty hath done great things to me and holy is his Name.

SECRET

We who offer to thy majesty the Lamb without spot, beseech thee, O Lord, that our hearts may be kindled by the divine fire which in an ineffable manner inflamed the heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Through.

Commemoration: Of Saints Timotheus, Hippolytus, and Symphorian

May this sacrifice of thy dedicated people be accepted by thee, O Lord, in honor of thy Saints: to whose merits we attribute the help afforded us in tribulation. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Holy Spirit
Against the Persecutors of the Church

COMMUNION John 19.27.

Jesus said to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. Then he said to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own.

POSTCOMMUNION

Refreshed by divine gifts, we humbly beseech thee, O Lord, that, by the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the solemnity of whose Immaculate Heart we have just venerated, we may be freed from present dangers and may attain to the joys of eternal life. Through the same.

Commemoration: Of Saints Timotheus, Hippolytus, and Symphorian

Filled with the abundance of the divine offering, we beseech thee, O Lord our God, that, by the intercession of thy holy martyrs, Timothy, Hippolytus, and Symphorian, we may ever live by the partaking of the same. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Holy Spirit
Against the Persecutors of the Church

No comments:

Post a Comment