Monday, June 16, 2014

17 June 2014 - Feria III after Trinity Sunday


Feria - Green

Note: The ferial mass this day may also be the resumed mass of Trinity Sunday (f., w.)

INTROIT Ps. 12.6

O Lord, I have trusted in thy mercy. My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation; I will sing to the Lord, who giveth me good things. V. Ps. 12.1 How long, O Lord, wilt thou forget me unto the end? How long dost thou turn away thy face from me? V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, the strength of them that hope in thee graciously be present with us when we invoke thee, and, because mortal infirmity can do nothing without thee, grant us the assistance of thy grace that, in executing thy commands, we may be pleasing to thee both in our desires and in our deeds. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect Ad Libitum

EPISTLE I John 4.8-21

Dearly beloved, God is charity. By this hath the charity of God appeared toward us, because God hath sent his only-begotten Son into the world, that we may live by him. In this is charity; not as though we had loved God, but because he hath first loved us, and sent his Son to be a propitiation for our sins. My dearest, if God hath so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abideth in us and his charity is perfected in us. In this we know that we abide in him, and he in us; because he hath given us of his spirit. And we have seen and do testify, that the Father hath sent his Son to be the Savior of the World. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abideth in him, and he in God. And we have known, and have believed the charity which God hath to us. God is charity: and he that abideth in charity abideth in God, and God in him. In this is the charity of God perfected with us, that we may have confidence in the day of judgment: because: as he is, we also are in the world. Fear is not in charity, but perfect charity casteth out fear: because fear hath Pain: and he that feareth is not perfected in charity. Let us therefore love God, because God first hath loved us. If any man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar. For he that loveth not his brother whom he seeth, how can he love God, whom he seeth not? And this commandment we have from God, that he who loveth God love also his neighbor. 

GRADUAL Ps. 40.5,2

I said: O Lord, be thou merciful to me: heal my soul, for I have sinned against thee. V. Blessed is he that understandeth concerning the needy and the poor: the Lord will deliver him in the evil day.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Ps.5.2 Give ear, O Lord, to my words; understand my cry. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Luke (6.36-42)

At that time Jesus said to his disciples: Be ye merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shalt not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven. Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, and pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall they give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you mete withal, it shall be measured to you again. And he spoke also to them a similtude: can the blind lead the blind? do they not both fall into the ditch? The disciple is not above his master: but every one shall be perfect if he be as his master. And why seest thou the mote in thy brothers eye: but the beam that is in thine own eye thou considerest not? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye: and then thou shalt see clearly to pull out the mote from thy brothers eye.

The Creed is said. 

OFFERTORY Ps.5.3,4

Let us pray. Harken to the voice of my prayer, O my king and my God: for to thee will I pray, O Lord.

SECRET

We beseech thee, O Lord, graciously receive our offerings devoted to thee, and grant that they may profit us for perpetual help. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect Ad Libitum

COMMUNION Ps. 9.2-3

I will relate all thy wonders, I will be glad and rejoice in thee; I will sing to thy Name, O thou most high.

POSTCOMMUNION

Filled with so great offerings, O Lord, we beseech thee to grant that we may both lay hold upon thy salutary gifts and never cease from praising thee. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect Ad Libitum

No comments:

Post a Comment