Wednesday, February 10, 2016

11 February 2016 - The Apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Feria V after Ash Wednesday)


Greater Double - 
White or Marian Blue

INTROIT Apoc 21.2

I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Ps. 44.2 My heart hath uttered a good word: I speak my works to the King. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, who by the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin didst prepare a worthy dwelling for thy Son: we humbly beseech thee, that we, who celebrate the Apparition of this same Blessed Virgin, may obtain health of body and soul. 

And then under one ending, say the Collect for the feria as given in the mass below.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
During Lent: Of the Saints
and For the Quick and the Dead

LESSON Apoc. 11.19; 12.1,10

And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple, and there were lightnings, and voices, and an earthquake, and great hail. And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars: And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ.

GRADUAL Cant. 2.12,10,14

The flowers have appeared in our land, the time of pruning is come; the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come; my dove in the cleft of the rock, in the hollow place of the wall.

TRACT Jud. 15.10

Thou art the glory of Jerusalem, thou art the joy of Israel, thou art the honor of our people. Thou art all fair O Mary, and the original stain is not in thee. Truly happy art thou, O holy Virgin Mary, and most worthy of all praise; for with thy virginal foot thou hast crushed the serpent's head.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Luke (1.26-31)

At that time the Angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary. And the Angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace: the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. Who having heard, was troubled at his saying: and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. And the Angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God: behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus. 

The Creed is said.

OFFERTORY Luke 1.28

Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

SECRET

May this sacrifice of praise which we offered to thee, O Lord, through the merits of the glorious and Immaculate Virgin, be to thee as a sweet-smelling savor, and may it bring to us the health of soul and body which we desire.

And then under one ending, say the Collect for the feria as given in the mass below.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
During Lent: Of the Saints
and For the Quick and the Dead

Preface: Of the Blessed Virgin, with In the Immaculate Conception.

COMMUNION Ps. 64.10

Thou hast visited the earth, and hast plentifully watered it; thou hast many ways enriched it.

POSTCOMMUNION

O Lord, may the right hand of thine Immaculate Mother uplift us whom thou hast satisfied with heavenly food: that by her help we may win through to our eternal homeland. 

And then under one ending, say the Collect for the feria as given in the mass below.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
During Lent: Of the Saints
and For the Quick and the Dead

__________________________________

THURSDAY AFTER 
ASH WEDNESDAY
Greater Non-Privileged Feria – Purple

INTROIT Ps. 54.17, 19, 20, 23

When I called upon the Lord, he heard my voice and delivered me from those who war against me. He who is from eternity and remaineth forever, hath humbled them. Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he will support thee. Ps. 54.2-3. Hearken, O God, unto my prayer and turn not away from my pleading; give heed to me, and answer me. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, sin offendeth thee but penance can turn away thine anger. Hear the prayers of thy suppliant people and do not punish us in anger, even though our sins justly deserve it. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Ash Wednesday

LESSON Isa. 38.1-6

In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, and said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying, Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years. And I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this city.

GRADUAL Ps. 54.23, 17-19

Cast thy care upon the Lord, and he will support thee. V. When I called upon the Lord, he heard my voice and delivered me from those who war against me.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Matthew
 (8.5-13)

And when he was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, and saying, Lord, my servant lieth in the house sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And he saith unto him, I will come and heal him. And the centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but only say the word, and my servant shall be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having under myself soldiers: and I say to this one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. And when Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven: but the sons of the kingdom shall be cast forth into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and gnashing of teeth. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And the servant was healed in that hour.

OFFERTORY Ps. 24.1-3

I have lifted up my soul unto thee, O Lord; in thee, O my God, I place my trust. Let me not be put to shame, nor let mine enemies exalt over me. No one who waiteth for thee shall be left in confusion.

SECRET

Look with favor on these offerings, O Lord, that they may be an aid to our devotion and to our salvation. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Ash Wednesday

COMMUNION Ps. 50.21

Thou shalt be pleased with lawful sacrifices, with oblations and holocausts offered upon thine altar, O Lord.

POSTCOMMUNION

O Almighty God, we humbly implore the heavenly blessings of thy Sacrament which we have received. May it be for us a means of grace and salvation. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
As given before Ash Wednesday

PRAYER OVER THE PEOPLE

Spare, O spare thy people, Lord. Let thy mercy shield them who have been punished by thy just judgments. Through.

No comments:

Post a Comment