Wednesday, September 16, 2015

17 September 2015 - The Holy Stigmata of St. Francis



Double – White

INTROIT Gal. 6.14

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom the world is crucified to me, and I to the world. Ps. 141.2. I cried to the Lord with my voice: with my voice I made supplication to the Lord. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O Lord, Jesus Christ, who, when the world was growing cold, in order to enkindle in our hearts the fire of thy love, didst renew the sacred marks of thy Passion on the body of blessed Francis: mercifully grant, that with the aid of his merits and prayers, we may bear our cross and bring forth worthy fruits of penance: Who livest and reignest.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

EPISTLE Gal. 6.14-18

Brethren, But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; by whom the world is crucified to me, and I to the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And whosoever shall follow this rule, peace on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. From henceforth let no man be troublesome to me; for I bear the marks of the Lord Jesus in my body. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.

GRADUAL Ps. 36.30-31

The mouth of the just shall meditate wisdom: and his tongue shall speak judgment. The law of his God is in his heart, and his steps shall not be supplanted.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Francis, poor and lowly, entereth rich into heaven, with the hymns of heaven is honored. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Matthew
 (16.24-27)

At that time, Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For he that will save his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for my sake, shall find it. For what doth it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his own soul? Or what exchange shall a man give for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels: and then will he render to every man according to his works.

OFFERTORY Ps. 88.25

My truth and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

SECRET

O Lord, sanctify these gifts which we dedicate to thee, and by the intercession of blessed Francis, cleanse us from every stain of sin. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

COMMUNION Luke 12.42

Amen I say to you, that you, who have left all things and followed me, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting.

POSTCOMMUNION

O God, who in divers ways didst show forth in blessed Francis, thy Confessor, the wondrous mysteries of thy Cross, grant we beseech thee, that ever following the example of his devotion we may be strengthened by constant meditation of that Cross. Though.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

No comments:

Post a Comment