Wednesday, July 15, 2015

16 July 2015 - In Commemoration of Our Lady of Mount Carmel


Greater Double – White or Marian Blue

INTROIT

Let us all rejoice in the Lord, celebrating a festival day in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, on whose solemnity the Angels rejoice, and give praise to the Son of God. Ps. 44.2. My heart hath uttered a good word: I speak of my works to the King. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, who hast honored the Order of Carmel with the special title of thy most Blessed Mother Mary, ever Virgin: mercifully grant, that we who celebrate her memory this day by a solemn office, may be shielded by her protection and deserve to come to everlasting joys. Who livest and reignest.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

EPISTLE Ecclus. 24.23-31

As the vine I have brought forth a pleasant odor, and my flowers are the fruit of honor and riches. I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope. In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue. Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits; for my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honey-comb. My memory is unto everlasting generations. They that eat me, shall yet hunger: and they that drink me, shall yet thirst. He that heakeneth to me, shall not be confounded, and they that work by me, shall not sin. They that explain me, shall have life everlasting.

GRADUAL

Blessed and venerable art thou, O Virgin Mary: who without blemish to thy maidenhood, didst become the Mother of God. V. He whom the whole world availeth not to contain, enclosed himself within thy womb, being made man.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Through thee, O Mother of God, has the life we had lost been given back to us: for, from heaven receiving him who became thy Son, thou on the world hast bestowed its Savior. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Luke (11.27-28)

At that time, as Jesus was speaking to the multitudes, a certain woman from the crowd, lifting up her voice from the crowd, lifting up her voice, said to him: Blessed is the womb that bore thee and the paps that gave thee suck. But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God and keep it. 

The Creed is said.

OFFERTORY Jer. 18.20.

Be mindful, O Virgin Mother, to speak good things before God's face in our behalf, so that he may turn away his anger from us.

SECRET

Sanctify, O Lord, the Sacrifice we bring: and by the most salutary intercession of Blessed Mary Mother of God, grant that it may avail us unto salvation. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

Preface: Of the Blessed Virgin, with In the Commemoration.

COMMUNION

Most noble Queen of the world, Mary, ever Virgin, intercede for peace and salvation, who didst bring forth Christ our Lord, the Savior of mankind.

POSTCOMMUNION

May the holy intercession of thy glorious Mother Mary, ever Virgin, help us, we beseech thee, O Lord, that those on whom she hath lavished unceasing favors may be freed from all dangers, and by her loving kindness may be made of one mind. Who liveth and reigneth.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

No comments:

Post a Comment