Tuesday, September 2, 2014

3 September 2014 - Saint Pius X, Pope and Confessor


Double – White

Note bene: The Offices are taken entirely from Common 7 (of Confessor Bishops) in the Breviary. After II Vespers this day follows Vespers of the Dead for the commemoration of the dead on the first ferial day of September, taking place on 4 September. 

INTROIT Ps. 88.20-22

I have exalted one chosen out of the people, with my holy oil I have anointed him: so that my hand may ever be with him and my arm strengthen him. Ps. 88.2. The graces of the Lord I will sing for ever: through all generations with my mouth I will announce thy faithfulness. V. Glory be.

COLLECT

O God, who to safeguard Catholic faith and to restore all things in Christ, didst fill the Pope Pius with heavenly wisdom and apostolic fortitude: grant in thy mercy: that by striving to fulfill his ordinances and to follow his example, we may reap the reward. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

EPISTLE I Thess. 2.2-8

Brethren: We had confidence in our God, to speak unto you the gospel of God in much carefulness. For our exhortation was not of error, nor of uncleanness, nor in deceit: But as we were approved by God that the gospel should be committed to us: even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God, who proveth our hearts. For neither have we used, at any time, the speech of flattery, as you know; nor taken an occasion of covetousness, God is witness: Nor sought we glory of men, neither of you, nor of others. Whereas we might have been burdensome to you, as the apostles of Christ: but we became little ones in the midst of you, as if a nurse should cherish her children: So desirous of you, we would gladly impart unto you not only the gospel of God, but also our own souls: because you were become most dear unto us.

GRADUAL Ps. 39.10-11

I have announced justice in the great assembly. Lo, I have not restrained my lips. O Lord, thou knowest it. I have not hid thy justice within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy help.

Alleluia, alleluia. V. Ps. 22.5-6. Thou dost prepare for me a table, thou dost anoint my head with oil: my cup is most rich. Alleluia.

+ The Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to John (21.15-17)

At that time, Jesus saith to Simon Peter: Simon son of John, lovest thou me more than these? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. He saith to him again: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep.

OFFERTORY Ps. 33.12

Come, children hearken to me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

SECRET

Accept our offerings, we beseech thee, in thy kindness, O Lord, and grant through the intercession of the Pope Pius, that we may with sincere compliance transact these divine mysteries and with loyal heart receive them. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

Preface: Of the Apostles

COMMUNION John 6.56-57

My flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood, abideth in me: and I in him.

POSTCOMMUNION

Renewed by the excellence of the heavenly banquet we beg thee, O Lord our God, that by the intercession of the Pope Pius, we may be rendered strong in faith and of heart in thy love. Through.

SEASONAL COLLECTS
Of the Saints
Collect ad Libitum

No comments:

Post a Comment